Before Your Visit
Orthopaedic Associates of Manhasset in Great Neck and Huntington, New York, looks forward to having you join our considerable roster of satisfied patients.
Once you have made your initial appointment, we recommend you complete your new patient forms prior to your arrival. This will help speed up the registration process and get you in to see the doctor faster.
Be sure to bring your insurance card plus any X-rays, MRIs, or other test results that may have been ordered or performed by another physician.
Please arrive early for your appointment, so we can complete your initial paperwork. Also, bring the following with you:
- Insurance card
- Driver’s license
- Referral (if necessary per HMO or managed care plan)
- List of current prescriptions and/or over-the-counter medications, including dose and frequency
- Information about your medical and surgical history
- Recent test results, including X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and the medical reports that belong with each
- Any questions you may have for the doctor
If your injury is work-related, you must provide us with:
- Name, address, and telephone number of the workers’ compensation insurance carrier
- Date of the accident
- Workers’ compensation claim number
If your injury is due to a motor vehicle accident, you must provide us with:
- Name, address, and telephone number of the no-fault insurance carrier
- Name of the insured person
- No-fault carrier claim number
If your injury is school-related, you must provide us with:
- Name, address, and telephone number of the school's insurance carrier
- Claim number for the injury
If your claim is denied by the insurance carrier, you will be responsible for payment of your bill.
If your insurance is an HMO/managed care plan and you are required to obtain a referral from your primary care physician, the referral must be obtained before you can be seen for an office visit. Please coordinate this with your primary care physician in advance. Appointments will be rescheduled if required referrals are not received in the office by the time of your visit.
If your insurance plan requires you to pay a co-payment, co-insurance, and/or a deductible, it will be necessary to pay at the time of your visit.
Payment will also be required for all non-covered services. For your convenience we accept cash, checks, Visa, and MasterCard.
If you do not have insurance, we can arrange a payment plan for you.
If you are unable to keep your appointment or are going to be delayed, please call our office. As a courtesy, we request that you provide a 24-hour notice for cancellations, so we can see another patient during your allotted time instead.
If you have any additional questions about what you might expect during your first visit to Orthopaedic Associates of Manhasset, call us at (516) 627-8717 – we are always happy to answer whatever questions you may have.