If you suffer from neck or back pain and conventional treatment methods haven’t worked, your pain may be caused by an underlying spinal condition. For an accurate diagnosis and the best treatment, you should see a doctor who specializes in disorders of the spine.
Dr. Matthew Goldstein at Orthopaedic Associates of Manhasset is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in spine surgery. He is fellowship-trained, which means he has received the most advanced training in his specialty.
Our spine doctor diagnoses and treats a spectrum of back and neck conditions, including:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Degenerative disc disease
- Lumbar and cervical disc herniations
- Spinal stenosis
- Spondylolisthesis (slipped vertebrae)
- Spondylolysis (stress fracture of the spine)
- Neuropathy (nerve pain)
- Pediatric scoliosis and adult scoliosis
Surgery may be necessary depending on your condition, but Dr. Goldstein believes in exhausting all nonsurgical forms of treatment, such as physical therapy and pain management procedures, before making this decision.
If you do need surgery, Dr. Goldstein is highly skilled in the latest, most advanced surgical techniques, including these minimally invasive procedures:
- Spinal lumbar fusion
- Artificial lumbar disc replacement
- Artificial cervical disc replacement
- Minimally invasive lateral access spine surgery
- Minimally invasive posterior fusion spine surgery
- lumbar microdiscectomy
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Minimally invasive laminectomy/decompression
Having a spine disorder can be frustrating and stressful. One of the best ways to alleviate any fears you may have regarding your condition or treatment is to first understand your disorder, beginning with the symptoms. At Orthopaedic Associates of Manhasset, our doctors will guide you through this process. They understand the importance of patient education and will help explain your condition to you, as well as the best treatment options available.
Spine Surgery in Long Island, NY
At Orthopaedic Associates of Manhasset, you are in good hands with our spine specialist. We strive to provide the best individualized care. Call us today at (516) 627-8717, or you can use our secure online appointment request form.